Hello! I took off two days from posting, but today I'm back in full force. This week I was excited to receive a promotional email from L.L. Bean offering 10% off through Tuesday (promo code SUMMER). As any East Coaster knows, their Boat & Tote Bags are a life essential. Tested to carry 500 pounds and guaranteed for life, they're truly built to last. My frugality got the best of me when I foolishly spent the first 8 years of parenthood without a proper tote bag. Last year, I realized what an idiot I was being and I made up for it by purchasing not one, but two L.L. Bean Boat & Tote Bags. It was a great decision.
You have lots of options here. They're available in four different sizes, two handle lengths, and many colors. I chose a large tote (pictured below) and an extra-large tote, both with regular length handles. As you can tell from the photo, these bags are sturdy and hold their shape. My only regret is the cream colored canvas: I have three sons and my life involves a lot of dirt. If I could do it all over again, I'd opt to design a Custom Boat & Tote Bag with all dark-hued canvas.
Here are some ways my family uses our tote bags:
- It's like diaper bag, 2.0. We load it with all the snacks, water, and supplies we need for outings.
- They're ideal to pack for overnights and weekends away.
- My kids use the totes to collect dirty clothes from hampers throughout the home and haul them to the laundry room.
- Thanks to the extra-large tote, our beach trips have been simplified down to one bag that carries everything.
- We use the extra-large tote to transport all of our sports balls to the park.
- Grocery shopping.
If you don't already have a high quality tote, I recommend getting one for summer 2016. It's a wise, practical investment that will enhance your life. While you're at it, have some fun and monogram it like I did!