Crispy Sweet Potato Rounds are a delicious, healthy, easy food that my family is enjoying this fall. Eat them as a snack, or serve them with a meal. I like to prepare two sweet potatoes at once.
- Heat oven to 425. Put a few tablespoons of coconut oil on the baking sheet and briefly place in oven to melt oil.
- Wash sweet potatoes and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. Coat sweet potato rounds in oil. Arrange flat and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until crunchy on the outside—you want a crisp shell and a soft interior (even crispier than the photo). Flip the rounds once or twice while cooking.
- Let them cool a bit and enjoy!
FASTER PREP OPTION: To speed up cook time, first microwave your sweet potatoes and then crisp in the broiler.
- Poke sweet potatoes all over with a knife and microwave for about 10 minutes, until slightly soft.
- Slice sweet potatoes after microwaving. Melt coconut oil on baking sheet under broiler. Coat rounds in oil, sprinkle with garlic salt, and place under broiler. Flip once crunch level has been achieved on one side.
***You can use olive oil, but coconut oil adds another dimension of flavor.